Sunday, October 12, 2008

Sunday Update

So far so good for Miss Ellie. She's had under 5 desats and has tolerated her feedings well. They moved her up to 39 mL based on her weight gain last night. Ben and I went to Topeka Bible Church once again and had a great time of worship. We immediately came to Miss Ellie so Ben could hold her during her 11 am feeding. I got to hold her at her 2 p.m. feeding and I'm trying to learn how to sleep with all her noises. My nap is failing miserably. But it's so cute to hear the noises too! She seems to be maintaining her temperature well in the crib. They moved out her isolette so now it's official. :) Hopefully she won't have to go back in that isolette. Please pray for rest for both Ben and I. Thanks for your prayers for my skin irritation. It is clearing up. However, now I believe to have discovered a plugged milk duct. :( Seriously, this is getting REALLY frustrating! I'm meeting with the Breastfeeding clinic first thing in the morning.

4 comments:

  1. Mandy,

    I hope everything clears up for you. I've heard plugged milk ducts can be quite painful. I'll be praying for you!

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. didn't get to the blog after we went to Freds so was great to wake up this morning and have kerri say she had the blog up and ellie had moved to a crib!!! wow...glad to hear your medicine is doing it's thing too...take care...always thinking of you all...see you soon...love mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Plugged ducts ARE painful. Massage and hot showers helped me clear mine out (I seemed to always get them). It is frustrating, at least you do have the resources right there of people to help you out with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Team Gramkow ~
    How many Princess stickers did she get moving to the "big girl crib?" It's so amazing to see the changes.....you see them everyday but "WOW" has she grown! She has a cute smile (look out daddy - she'll wrap you right around her little finger!) :-) I love the little fashion review and all the outfits!
    It won't be long till November will be here....looks like you have the bath mastered! Start counting the days till "homeward bound" Try to get some rest and Mandy back in the stone ages......what worked was HOT PACKS and HOT SHOWERS!!!! Thank Goodness it usually subsides quickly! Enjoy the fall weather and a stroll in the park to enjoy the tree colors. Magnificant!!! Thinking of all of you daily ~ enjoy your blogs and photos of the princess! Hugs from Iowa

    ReplyDelete