2.5 lbs on 9/3
3 lbs on 9/21
4 lbs on 10/8
5 lbs on 10/21
Apparently they don't have any certificates for 6 lbs her at the NICU. Apparently they don't send many preemies home above 6 lbs. Well they'd better pray Ellie goes home before she hits 6 lbs because otherwise they're going to have to make a 6 lb certificate.
While I've got your attention: (You are still reading, right?) Ellie continues to be pretty restless, although she's gotten some good sleep this evening. She's been a great baby except when something has been wrong so I think she's restless because of the stooling issue. She has gas pretty often (and plenty of liquid) but nothing solid. (No plasma either.) Other than that I believe she's doing quite well. Praise God for that.
Now I'd better go. I have to have a talk with my daughter about not using her size to bully the other NICU babies.
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
NICU Heavyweight
Ellie gained another 40 grams today that puts her at 5 lbs 2.5 oz (2340 g). That girl really knows how to grow! That extra 40 grams earns her an an extra mL at each feeding. She gets 165 mL per kg of food every day. She weighs 2.34 kg so: 160 mL * 2.34 kg ... divided by 8 feedings per day gives 47 mL per feeding. She also earned a 5 lbs certificate to go with her certificates for making 3 lbs and 4 lbs.
She gained that last two pounds in exactly one month:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Praise the Lord she is growing so well! Roman was 5# 4oz when he came home...I now have more perspective on Ellie's size! Thanks for your most recent blog as well...you are touching so many hearts! Blessings to you!
ReplyDeleteLesley...and the Gangwish clan
Yeah. Go Ellie. You are too cute! Keep on growing! Your cousins are cheering you on!
ReplyDelete