Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Chalk Rock

Did you ever play with chalk rock as a kid? It was great stuff. It's just a white rock that you could use as chalk to write on cement. Apparently KU fans are really into that stuff. Anyway, when we came back to the NICU from our KC trip we were greeted by a note from Ellie on her door that said ... well, I won't quote it, but it said something about how Ellie is a ... fan of the other school now and how she did miss us when we were gone ... and something about chalk rock. We also received text messages with attached pictures of Ellie. One picture contained KU gear dangerously close to our little girl. Don't worry though, the NICU here is responsible enough not to have any actual KU outfits so she wasn't wearing anything directly on her skin. In fact, she was wearing this cute red dress. Not all red and/or blue is evil. (Unlike crimson and cream which is almost always evil when combined.) Don't worry, all of the inappropriate materials were removed promptly. Apparently she had KU bedding at one point, but our faithful nurse Lisa took care of that for us. Lisa is a faithful K-State fan and said she couldn't bear to look at it all day, so she changed her bedding in the morning. In fact, Lisa is such a loyal K-State fan that when she had a bad accident a couple months ago Bill Snyder came to see her in the hospital. Yeah, that's what I thought. Unfortunately Bill has yet to show up at Ellie's door at the NICU. Bill, if you're reading this (or even if you aren't) you are welcome to stop by. We'll even make an exception on the calling ahead rule ... just stop by whenever. Seriously though, Ellie and I have been K-State fans all our lives. Well okay, I've only been a K-State fan since I was about five, but in my defense I lived in Seattle for the first four years of my life.

4 comments:

  1. I would have thought you would mention the strawberry on her dress!!! Well, we'll have to get you up here mid June so you understand the significance more clearly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that appears to be a strawberry shorcake dress which had been one of Aunt Anna'a favorite dolls and games grandpa G

    ReplyDelete
  3. Being a KU graduate, I would have loved seeing the KU stuff...but being a die hard K State fan, Im glad you didnt post! haha...(I went to KU because their school of Social Work is ranked #2 in the country, just below Maryland.) I will have you know though, I did wear purple to every class!

    Glad to hear Ellie is gaining! You all are still in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What nasty tricks those NICU nurses pull! Glad you don't have any pics of the evidence! That would've been a disgrace to K-State fans everywhere!!! lol

    ReplyDelete