Tuesday, October 28, 2008
Everything's Up To Date In Kansas City
We went about as far as we could go ... from Ellie Jo. We had a good time in Kansas City, but it was time to come back. My interview went well. First I talked to an HR rep. She asked me ... I don't know ... if I prefer working in groups or individually, what are my strengths and weaknesses ... all that kind of stuff. She had already asked me a lot of that in the phone interview. After I talked to HR I spoke with a couple of engineering managers. They gave me a technical interview; yes there were test questions. After that I got a tour from a couple of younger engineers. They let me know right away that I could relax because they weren't interviewing me and they certainly weren't going to be making any hiring decisions. One of the engineers giving me the tour was Luke Bogner, a friend I knew from K-State and Intervarsity. It was good to see a familiar face and catch up with him. Those that know Luke may not be surprised to learn that he brought his bass guitar and an electric guitar into his office. The funny thing is I think he actually uses them for his job. (He works on an audio electronics module.)
I haven't heard anything about an offer yet but I think it's still too soon. A friend that works for Garmin said he got an offer later that week, but not the same day. Hopefully I'll hear something by the end of the week, but I'll contact HR by then to at least get a time frame. Thanks for all your prayers.
Labels:
fun
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
bass guitar Dad G
ReplyDeleteSome how I am not at all surprised that Luke did that. Also I am glad that everything went well! Keep Growing Ellie! We are praying for you!
ReplyDeleteOkay, I changed "base guitar" to "bass guitar" ... thanks for catching that dad.
ReplyDelete