Saturday, October 4, 2008
Thankful to God for our Little Ellie
I called this morning to do my normal check in on Ellie. The nurse said she had a wonderful night. Only 10 desaturations and 1 brady (all self-resolved). She's on her beefy diet now (26 calories) and has had some residual with feedings, but not enough to hold back future feedings. She had 5 mLs only one feeding over the night, but again, it's lower than the 33% of her total feeding (32 mLs) so no Doctor needed to be called. She's also having regular stools! Wahoo!
Dear Jesus,
We praise and thank you more than we can ever express for Ellie's good days. Day by day you are showing us your amazement and creativity through our little girl. Thank you for taking care of her breathing and tiny digestive system. Thank you for allowing Team Gramkow to get some rest last night - all three of us! Thank you for this precious gift of life and comfort mommy and daddy as we continue to learn more about our little girl and how to care for her. Thank you blessing us with the gift of parenthood. We know the lessons will be endless, but thank you for the ones you're teaching us right now. You have done great things!
We love and praise you! Amen.
Ben and I had some good quality bonding time last night. Daily we are in awe about how we have a daughter! Of course, I still have thoughts of...oh, but she's not supposed to be here yet! But Daddy always reminds me that he's glad she's here...after all he was really anxious about seeing and holding her "now". :) We talked about what we thought God was teaching us through all of this and why he might have US go through this, what it means to be a mother and father....wow, these are lessons we can't get through our classes at K-State, that's for sure! How precious life really is! Ben said he's been reminded of the story of Abraham and how we're blessed to be a blessing. We've been blessed with our little Ellie and we pray that all of you reading can see Jesus through her story...our story. She truly is a miracle.
We thank you all for the love and support you've shown us...God has definitely blessed us abundantly. Please keep praying for our little miracle. This feat isn't over yet...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I was so excited to read about Ellie's weight gain! Such a big, exciting day you all had yesterday! And I'm certain the nurses loved the brownies! We had a candy bowl in Liam's room that we kept filled all the time and I am not exaggerating when I say that I bet we spent over $100 in the 6 wks we were there--they loved the candy but I always knew he was getting checked on when we weren't there that way!! ;) It's funny that you keep saying she shouldn't even be here yet...I always said that too and Jason just reminded me that it was an extra 2 1/2 months we got to be with him that we wouldn't have otherwise had! Can't wait to see tonights gain and the continued progress Ellie is making!!
ReplyDelete