
So this morning started out a bit rough...we stayed late last night so slept in a bit. I called at 9 am this morning to check on Ellie and they said Speech Therapy was there feeding her! So I got dressed in a hurry and headed to the hospital. I guess this is how motherhood also feels - sometimes you don't get that shower in before you're needed?? :) Anyway, Ellie continued to use the haberman nipple with her feeding and this morning she took 26 mL. She's still eating twice a day (they fed her at 3 am and she took 20 mL - so progress from the night before). I can definitely tell she's improving on her suck each feeding, so that's encouraging. The ST said that the first 13 minutes of Ellie's feeding this morning, her suck looked normal and great.
Last night they increased her feedings to 52 mL because of her weight gain. Ellen talked to us today about trying her "home feedings schedule" (which will consist of 6 feedings of breast milk not fortified and then 2 feedings of Neosure Formula with additional fortifier) starting tomorrow. She was going to try today, but wants the dietary consultant to look at the "plan" first.
Last night she had a total of 12 desats and 1 or 2 (can't remember) self-resolving bradies. As of 5 pm today she had 11 desats and 2 bradies - again, self-resolved.
The results from the head ultrasound came back today and Ellie's brain tissue looks normal. However, in the notes the radiologist commented that he saw a grade 1 germinal? matrix hemorrhage. The good thing is that grade 1 is the lowest out of 4 total grades. There is no follow up or no concern with a grade 1 reading. If it would have been grade 2 or above, then it would be more of a serious issue. Praise Jesus that is isn't of any concern to the medical staff. Mom needs to keep reminding herself of the aforementioned!
They MOVED UP her pnuemogram and her acid reflux study to tomorrow (Thursday). I am actually quite pleased because hopefully Ellie won't have to just toughen through the desats and bradies increase. I'm ready to get some answers as to if her episodes are prematurity related and/or acid reflux related - and then get the treatment. Ellen said that these tests are pretty precise and will give us a great indication of what's going on. So Ellie will be hooked up with a tube down her esophagus for 12 hours tomorrow and another wire under her nose to detect her breathing. The nurse warned that she'd be hooked up to quite a few wires! I was glad for the warning.
Oh oh...and she had two large poops! Wahoo! This morning at 3 am and this morning at noon! Now we all feel better!
Well, until next time...Team Gramkow sends their love and hopefully will be home in two weeks- ish!
So adorable - they make the greatest little clothes for little girls, don't they??? I'm still keeping up with miss Ellie's story and praying for team Gramkow as you all learn and grow with Ellie. Big hugs!
ReplyDeleteHi Team Gramkow!! She looks SO cute in her little outfit...hey, Is that an ISU Cyclone on those cute tootsies!? ;) Keep up the good work Ellie! Prayers from Iowa....The Garden's
ReplyDeleteYes! I'm so glad I saw this picture - what a fashionista :). You're awesome, Gramkows.
ReplyDelete- Beth