Wednesday, September 10, 2008

A Real Head Turner

Ellie is once again showing us how cute she is. This picture was taken shortly after the nasal cannula was placed back on. (The top tube is the nasal cannula, the bottom one is the N.G.) So now she breaths by her nose and eats through her nose. Oh, by the way ... they finally took out the Oral Gastric (O.G)(mouth) tube and put in the Nasal Gastric (N.G.) tube.
Our precious Ellie is pictured here in her new favorite position. You put her on her stomach and like clockwork she snuggles down and puts her head back. Cute. Also, they checked her weight tonight at 8 p.m. and she's growing! She's now up to 2 lbs 6 oz. (1080 grams). Mommy and Daddy are very proud! AND..she earned her princess sticker for her head strength today! She was laying on her tummy and she lifted up her head and turned it to the other side. We witnessed this at least twice! Uncle Wade even got to see it. Now our beautiful little girl is a head turner in more than one way. Also, they checked her stomach and there was minimal residue in her stomach so it looks like she'll get to eat mommy's milk in a couple hours! YAY!

4 comments:

  1. I am getting ready for bed and saying a prayer for Team Gramkow as I do everyday. I am amazed at the information that you provide us and love to see Ellie's progress each day. Until tomorrow... God Bless Team Gramkow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good work Ellie!!! I love that you are a head turner!! What a strong girl you are! Praise be to God that is watching over you and your progress. Thanks for updating the blog Mandy and Ben--I woke up and was thinking about Team Gramkow and wanted to check to see if there were any updates---and there were from the last time I checked. I now can go back to sleep beings I have checked on you-I love you sweet niece of mine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YEA! Great work! Keep up the great work little one! We are all praying for you! You are all in our Father's Had. May you find comfort and strength. The Boyds are praying!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She looks great today! I love the head turn thing and all the little movements (like the tripod!). How precious they all are :)Hopefully you may be up for a visitor this weekend, we can chat about that later. Go Team Gramkow! Dana

    ReplyDelete