Saturday, September 13, 2008
Saturday Evening Post
Time to once again tell the world about my little girl.
Ellie continues to have A&B episodes when she is lying on her back. The pattern has often been the same: She has some disruptions in her breathing pattern then her heart rate drops causing her blood oxygen level to drop. Jennifer (Ellie's nurse tonight) noticed that Ellie was sleeping with her mouth open and thought maybe Ellie was letting out all the air from the nasal cannula. Maybe tomorrow we'll try giving her a binky when she's on her back. By the way, for those of you who have not recently had a crash course in everything baby: a binky is a sucky is a pacifier. I'm pretty sure there are some other weird names for it too, but those are the ones that come to mind. I'm starting to put together a sort of glossary. Maybe I'll put those in it.
She continues to take her feedings. Just now she had 1.5 mL of residual so they gave her the full feeding of 4 mL of mommy's milk. By the way, residual the term they use for whatever is in Ellie's stomach before her feeding. Ideally this is just some mucous and digestive juices, but sometimes little Ellie forgets to digest mom's milk and still has some partially digested milk in her tummy when the next feeding time comes. The nurse thought her feeding schedule would be stepped up again by Monday.
She maintained weight today so she is still 2 lbs 8 oz. (Actually I think she lost 5 grams, but that's minimal really.) So she is still at her birth weight. (Actually she's 1125 g which is 5 g above her birth weight. But again, 5 g is minimal, even for little Ellie.) (Sorry, I don't know that stat off the top of my head. I realize this means I hope this doesn't affect my long term fathering skills. Sigh.) She also grew 1/4" somewhere over the last 11 days bringing her length to 15 3/4".
Wow, it's hard to believe my little girl is 11 days old.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment