Monday, September 15, 2008

a brand new day

Last night she had 5 bradies - so a good amt less than the night previous. 4 were self-resolved, 1 tactile. Grandma did a good job of making Mommy get some rest, she's kind of strict though! But..it was good to get such a good nights sleep. No dreams last night, thanks for praying. When we got here Ellie was ever so cute, got this picture, and then she started laying on her arm. I so tried to get a picture of that for you Daddy, but our camera was out of batteries. No worries, Grandma and I are going to get some more! This morning, Ellen (Ellie's Nurse Practitioner) came in and gave good reports for our little girl this morning. She increased her feedings to 6 mLs every 3 hours starting today, so we'll see how she tolerates them. Ellen also prepared me that this will be a big week for Ellie's eating - hopefully we'll re-evaluate her tolerance and move up her dosages daily - maybe a couple CCs (interchangeable with mLs) tomorrow! Ellen said maybe by the end of this week, she'll move to just mommy's milk - no IV fluids! I was pretty excited that was in Ellie's near future. Obviously we'll still take one day at a time, but kinda fun to look forward to that! She also got to have her nasal cannula lowered to 1.5 L of room air. She has a scratch/bruise on her right eyelid, but Ellen wasn't worried about that. The bruising might be shifting from her cheeks that were from before. Mommy just got done giving Ellie a washcloth rub down (i.e. bath) and so she's all clean now! :) As if she really had much body odor before. We washed her hair and combed it too. Changed her diaper after her enema - she had a great amount of green/tarry poop! Yippee. Grandma Weber got to watch and then she also got to see a couple of Ellie's big smiles. I was so glad she did them again! It's so precious. Until next time...

3 comments:

  1. Okay, now I am not in Topeka so I am checking the blog like the rest of you guys.

    Good job Grandma for making mommy get some rest. Good job mommy for taking pictures and cleaning up our little girl. And good job Ellie for showing us your smile again. (Three generations of good jobs!)

    Can't wait to see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. jjLOVE THE PIC!! She has changed SOOOOOO much since I was there last! I can't wait till next weekend! Good job Grandma with taking care on Mommy--a Mommy taking care of another Mommy---how neat! Keep up the good work Ellie---you'll get getting bigger in no time. Love ya.

    ReplyDelete