Sunday, September 7, 2008
Tanning Salon
You may have noticed the slideshow on the left. If you click on it it will take you to a gallery of the full sized-pictures. In many of the photos you'll notice that Ellie is wearing purple goggle-like blinders and has a spotlight on her. This is a treatment for Jaundice. Jaundice is associated with high Billy Ruben levels. Oops, it turns out that's "bilirubin" ... who knew? By the way, will someone please correct me if I get some medical details wrong on this blog? All I know is my version of what I hear from nurses and doctors.
Jaundice is noticeable by the yellowing of the skin. This can be treated simply with a lamp. (as shown in the photo) It probably has to be a special lamp with ... I don't know Billy Ruben headhunters or something. Anyway, they put some pretty sweet purple goggle-like blinders on her to protect her eyes from the light. Unfortunately the goggles being on 24-7 leaves an indentation on her head so that have to give her breaks from the goggles. You can see from the pictures in the slideshow that it all makes a pretty good little tanning salon for her.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment