Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Wednesday Morning Update

Well, Mommy Mandy did her what seems to becoming more routine of a call around 6:30 a.m. to Ellie's nurse to see how her night went. She had a pretty good night for the most part. Nurse Erin said that she did have some residual (left over milk that hadn't digested properly) in her 5 am feeding. They just increased her feeding - so she ate at 11 p.m. and then 5 a.m. So she tolerated the feedings for the most part, but it's ideal to not have any residual. I asked if that was normal for adjusting to the increased feeding and she said it was. She also said that Ellie slept on her back most of the night and really they digest their food better when on their tummy. She said Ellie didn't really like being on her back so wondered if that also had something to do with the 6 bradies that she had last night (her heart rates dropped, but all 6 were self-resolved). Erin said none of them were apnea (where here breathing stopped) but they were all shallow breaths. They lasted from 20-30 seconds...but her O2 sats stayed at 96 percent which is good. Just thought I'd update you before we went in to see her this morning. We're planning on going to the "getting off on the right foot with your NIC baby" class which is from 9:45 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. today - so hopefully we'll learn more about how to care for our precious princess Ellie. They also are providing a CPR/Medication Administration class that we'll take also maybe next week. Dear Lord, Please be with Ellie Jo today as she celebrates one week of life. We love you so much Jesus and please just keep her in the comfort of your arms today as she rests and works on every breath. Thank you for the ways you've provided for our family. Please comfort mommy and daddy today too. In Jesus Name we pray, Amen.

5 comments:

  1. Mandy-
    I just wanted to let you know how much I enjoyed reading your comments this morning - definitely different from a mother's and woman's perspective! Because of Ellie, I've been watching my own little baby (a toddler now, I guess) over the last few days and just marveling at the miracle of life. So thanks for that. I check your blog almost every day - I just have to know how that little Ellie is doing! There's something about being a mother that connects you to all the other mothers and babies in the world. Peace to you and the whole fam. I'm praying for you, sister!
    Love, Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gramkow Family -
    What a blessing it has been to read Ellie's blog. We are praying for all of you and sending you love from afar. Ben, it has been a joy to get to know you better through your writings. Mandy, it's easy to see why you love him so. We are so glad you have the support of each other for this time.
    Love,
    Dan & Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gramkows,

    Trevor and I are praying for you all. My comment goes along with everyone else...it is a joy and special blessing to stay updated on Ellie. I laughed out loud reading about the squeaky wheel chair, imagining you two getting a laugh from that, too. We're proud of you and praise God for His continual provision. He is good.

    Love and blessings,
    Ashley and Trevor Angell

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ben and Mandy,

    I'm so glad that you are able to keep up this blog. It is connecting people from all over to you and Ellie. I'm up at all different hours of the night feeding Hadassah and each time Ellie is on my mind and in my prayers. Between everyone praying, that little girl is getting prayed for around the clock! I can't wait to meet her someday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Many and Ben,
    Jimmy and I are praying for Ellie and so are the boys. Last night Trey prayed that "Ellie would grow strong like superwoman." We are praying you would rest in God's strength.

    Love,
    the Goheen's

    ReplyDelete