Wednesday, September 10, 2008

A little set back

Well, little Ellie is having a rough time digesting her food today. They ended up not feeding her any fresh milk because she had too much residual in her tummy when they went to feed her at 11 am today. She had 3 mL of residual that consisted of my undigested milk, mucus and digestive enzymes. :( The nurse is saying that she's acting her age now...this is the beginning of the slow process that it's going to take little Ellie to digest her food. Day by day...now feeding by feeding. They rotated her to her right side because she's supposed to be able to digest her food easier in this position. Pray for Ellie's little tummy today. Hopefully she'll get to eat at 5 pm tonight. Ben and I also just went through our first class of taking care of our preemie Ellie. Ben soaked all the information in and is feeling really good about all we learned, where I'm a little overwhelmed with all the dos and don'ts that I'm finding out are very different with taking care of her at this age. No rocking her when we hold her, no patting..all the stuff you think is normal...well, it is...just not for preemies. We're still helping her develop which is just so crazy to think about! Luckily, I will get my fair share of rocking in...after she comes home.

2 comments:

  1. I just sent up a prayer for Ellie's tummy! Please Lord, help her eat yummy mama milk and help it make her strong!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Ben and Mandy... I am praying!!! I know this has to be a tough time in so many ways, but you guys are doing GREAT! I know this season will cause you to look to God in a whole new way and grow in your trust in His goodness and faithfulness... Love you guys and we're standing with you! Can't wait until your little Ellie can come home! :)

    ReplyDelete