We just called to get an update on her feedings. I believe we said earlier that she was bumped up to 20 mL every 3 hours and if she took the first four feedings at this level then they would begin fortifying mommy's milk. Well we just called to get the update on her 11 pm (fourth) feeding.
It turns out she did tolerate her feeding well (of course she did). So they are going to start fortifying her mommy's milk to 22 calories/ounce with a powder containing vitamins, minerals and ... you know healthy stuff. Oh proteins, that was the other one! So another good job for Ellie. (They're allowed to fortify it up to 24 calories/ounce but I don't know if they'll go that high.)
While we're passing out the attagirls I should also mention that she weighed in at 3 lbs 4 oz (1280 g) tonight. Another great gain for our (less and less every day) little girl. I would say I couldn't be prouder but I bet that little gal will figure out some other way to make me proud over the night. I'm going to bed a happy man.
Good job, Ellie!!
ReplyDelete