Tuesday, September 9, 2008
Morning Update
Ellie is looking extremely cute these days. After getting the goggles off, having some tape removed from her face, she is looking very good. I am already starting to keep a watchful eye on the boy next door.
Today Mandy and I have a "Care Conference" where we will meet with Ellie's doctors and other personnel from the NIC unit to discuss all aspects of her care. (medical, insurance, emotional toll, etc.) I think it is great that the hospital does something like this and am looking forward to the meeting.
Over the night Ellie had a couple Bradycardia episodes, but if I remember correctly they were self correcting. Oh, and she just had a couple super short self-correcting bradies. (The kind that were so minor the nurse wasn't even paged.)
Her feeding will be stepped up today and we have found out that they will continue to give her 2.5 mL of milk at a time, but now every 6 hrs instead of every 12.
Her bilirubin level went up to 4.6 (It had been as low as 2.3 when they removed the light.) But Ellen expected it to go up and said it would have to go up to around 8 before they would put the light back on.
Labels:
medical
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Congratulations! I can't imagine what you two are going through but I am so impressed. You two are already fabulous parents. Josh and I are praying for you. I am also very impressed with your medical terminology! You're like a sponge soaking it all up. Ellie Jo sounds like she is really doing amazing. She is so strong and so smart to be picking up this breathing thing already. I wish you all the best and the most comfort that can be given over a blog. We are praying for you all and can't wait to see Ellie Jo at church one of these days. Stay strong. You are all doing amazing.
ReplyDelete~Megan Watt