Sunday, September 28, 2008

Oh the Joy

Today I kept trying to take a nap and I kept having to get up for various reasons. A little before 5 o'clock I had finally moved the comfy chair over to the other corner so I could stretch out and take a nap. Then our nurse came in and I realized it was about time for Ellie's feeding, so the nurse told us we could start taking her temperature and changing her diaper. I looked at Mandy hopefully and she said she could take care of it, but she needed to go pump at five. I realized she wouldn't really have time to change her diaper and taker her temp before five. And even though it was very nice of her to offer, it would have probably been pretty putzy of me to just nap while my wife and the nurse took care of Ellie. So I just sighed and said "It just doesn't look like it's working out for me to take a nap." In the sweetest voice she could muster Mandy said "Welcome to parenthood." We had a pretty good laugh over that one.

1 comment:

  1. Oh how very true!! :) I'm the one that requires more sleep in our marriage and trust me I get naps whenever I can but sometimes it's just not meant to happen!!! LOL! Trust me...it will get easier once you get home though...people won't be coming in and out all the time! Then you can all take a nap together which is my favorite!!

    ReplyDelete