Tuesday, September 30, 2008
Assessing the Assessment
Amid all the stress of the transfusion Ellie still managed to gain a little weight today. Today she came in at 3 lbs 8 oz (1580 g) so she gained 10 grams. Her blood sugar measured normal and she has not had a whole lot of desats. She did have two while I was holding her just now, but the rest of the time she was breathing fine. When I started holding her she was as awake as can be and when I was done she was as asleep as can be.
She didn't have a stool in her 8 o'clock diaper change, maybe that's why she gained 10 g. So I asked if she would begin having fewer stools because she's not getting mom's milk. The nurse replied that tomorrow should be when she doesn't have many stools because her bowels should still be filled from yesterday. So it seems that she may have some stools over the night and lose some weight by tomorrow's feeding. Hopefully the day after that she will resume gaining weight like a champ.
Well, my little girl is squirming and starting to cry on and off so I'm afraid she needs me more than the blog.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I will dream of stools tonight :)
ReplyDeleteyou guys are doing great and we're thinking and praying for you!