Wednesday, September 17, 2008
Back to 2 Liters
I called early this morning at 3:30 a.m. and they told me that Miss Ellie had a few too many episodes after I left where Nurse Becca gave her some additional O2 (constant). She talked to the Dr. at midnight and decided Ellie needed to go back up to 2 Liters of room air through her nasal cannula. Obviously, little Ellie was telling us she wasn't quite ready to be at 1.5 L. The nurse said Ellie had only 1 brady since they put the 2 L back on. So that's good. Also, she didn't tolerate any of her feedings last night either. So apparently she's not ready to eat every three hours. So the nurse said they would most likely re-evaluate her feeding plan for today. I'm praying for a good stable day today. They say usually with these little ones it's one step forward, and two steps back and that's pretty much how it'll be then next few months. I was also a little frustrated because I slept through my alarm at 6:30 so I didn't get the nurse called again to see how the rest of her night went. Obviously, I was pretty tired. Grandma didn't even wake up either. Interesting how emotional stress just wipes you out physically! Please pray for my attitude as well. I'm getting really tired, annoyed of pumping, sick of the stress. I guess I keep thinking this is going to be over sooner than it really is.
I did meet a wonderful family last night at Ronnies who is Ellie's neighbor - two doors down actually. They have a 3 1/2 daughter named Ainsley and then are in the NICU with Liam. They have been here for 6 weeks and rumor had it that maybe they'd get to go home on Friday. Brook (the mom) is a nurse and she actually reminds me a lot of Wendy! Anyways, she shared her story (cause you all know I'm all about finding out everyone's life stories) and it was both comforting to hear, but then also frustrating. She talked about how you'll have set backs with the feedings (when she gets to bottle/nipple feeding), which was a little scary to hear. Praise God that they have nurses here that will of course help. She also said that Liam will most likely go home with an Apnea monitor. They are also K-State fans, so that was fun! Thanks Corey Glaze for the K-State Cookies! We shared them with little Ainsley and she said "that's a wildcat!" right away! Too fun! They too have season tickets, but haven't really made it to many!
Ellie and Mommy are excited for Daddy to come back to T-town today! Praise Jesus that he did get all his classes figured out and hopefully will only have to spend mon-wednesdays in Manhattan and can be with us the rest of the time. We also found out that the Public Library is right across from the hospital so we might have to discipline ourselves to do homework for a period of time, and then reward ourselves with going to see Ellie! Good thing we're very familiar with the whole student thing! Also, please pray for Ben's job lead with Garmin. He had a phone screening interview with them (actually in the Hospital Lobby) and that went well, and so they're following up with him hopefully this week for an on-site interview. He's pretty excited about the possibility and I'm pretty excited to maybe already know where we'll may be going after school is done in May. He's also keeping Cessna in the running for job options. He really enjoyed the people he worked with there (during his internship) and so who knows, maybe we'll end up in Wichita. Please pray for discernment as to where we should be.
Ok, well, I'll get to an update after I meet with Ellen (NP) hopefully this morning. Gotta now get ready for the day. Keep praying! Thanks for your faithful reading and prayer!
Team Gramkow
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Congrats Ben! I've heard how hard Garmin is to get in to. Good luck with that lead!
ReplyDeleteMandy, keep your chin up! When you feel discouraged just remember little Ellie lying there needing someone to love her! You are and will continue to be such a great mom! You (and God!) can do it!
Garmin would be great. But Cessna is great too! It would be awesome to have you guys down here. But The Lord has his plan. We will be praying!
ReplyDelete