Thursday, September 18, 2008
Ellie Get Ready to Roll
Mom's having a heart attack, dad's laughing and who knows what the nurse is thinking because Ellie Jo Gramkow just rolled over! She was on her back after her diaper change. She was awake so dad was taking the opportunity to cuddle her. (Head on the hand, place and hold) Then she started arching her back and she had one leg behind her pushing off one side of her snuggly. (The snuggly is the wrap that they lay her inside, it's in most of her pictures.) We were all amazed because she was about to roll over. Then on her next try she did roll over! Wow! If she hadn't rolled onto the other side of the snuggly she would have rolled all the way to her stomach! That deserves a sticker! We've got a little acrobat, two weeks old and she's already rolling over. How long did it take her cousins to roll over? Breaking news: Aunt Wendy took seven months to roll over. Hey, don't feel bad Wen I bet you can roll over with the best of them now.
She clearly feels that she's ready to be a big girl now. The extra ounce she put on will help with that. She now weighs 2 lbs 12 oz (1245 g) which is up from 2 lbs 11 oz (1210 g). Oh, and she just lifted and turned her head again. By the time she rolled over she had worked her way most of the way over to one of the arm holes in her isolette. I had to shut it just in case she got mobile again and fell out. Okay, maybe she's not quite to the crawling stage yet. I guess we should give her another week or two for that.
I should point out that she did have a couple bradys in the span of all of this. Apparently she was do busy practicing her gymnastics to breath.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
She'll be chasing after Bridget in no time! Go, Ellie, go!
ReplyDeleteAnd by the way, I totally got lost in the hospital after I left the other day. Lost as in I ended up in a staff only area, then in a locked stairwell. Yeah. I felt like a goober.
Hey, don't feel bad. It's really easy to get lost in this maze. FYI: Just follow the signs to the North Tower elevators to get out.
ReplyDeleteYou are freaking kidding me!
ReplyDeleteActually, Ben, I think Ellie rolled over because she was trying to come to Daddy so he would pick her up and hold her. Little girls always like to show off for Daddy.
ReplyDeleteAunt Anna could roll from sleeping on her tummy to her back by 6 wks. Your generation never learned to roll from their back to their stomach very early because we were always told to put you on your stomach to sleep in case you spit up. (MOM)
Amazing! Way to go gymnast Ellie Jo!
ReplyDelete