
We thought we'd share the note we got from Ellie this morning:
"Dear Mommy and Daddy -
I hope you got lots of rest, cuz I'm a growing girl...3 pounds and 5 ounces! My biggest residual tonight was 3.2 ml at 11 pm, after that I didn't have anything. I've been on 22% oxygen most of the night. As of 5 am, I've had 19 desats and only needed to be turned up twice. (I get tired sometimes). I had also dropped my heartrate 3 times. I'm starting to like my pacifier, I sucked on it along during my 11 pm feeding! I can't wait to see you and Daddy, good luck on your job interview!
Love, Ellie"
Too cute...the nurses here are wonderful.
This morning we got here about 8 am, so Ben could see Ellie before he headed to Manhattan. His interview is at 10:15 this morning, so shout out a little prayer if you could. She's had some desats and one brady since I've been here this morning. We did so good yesterday with little to no bradies, but they're back today. :(
The only orders for this morning are: increasing her feedings up to 28 mls - We are SO close to an ounce! Yippee! and they are discontinuing her IV fluids at her next feeding which is 11 am. If she does well today, then the PICC line will come out tomorrow (they're going to flush it today). Then she'll get to wear some clothes that many of you have gotten her! We are going to wash the preemie ones tonight and bring them in tomorrow! Don't worry, we'll take pictures!
Also, please pray for Mandy's school specifics. I'm still waiting on a couple things for being able to complete my classes this semester via distance in Ellie's room!
Also, for those of you interested in supporting the Ronald McDonald House - via the Tupperware Online Party - I'm hoping to get the wish list from the house manager, Stephanie today. Her daugher, Dia, was sick the past couple days, so that's why I haven't been able to catch her. So yeah, stay tuned!
Blessings to you all!
I loved the little notes--they're always so sweet! Hope Ben's interview went well. And way to grow Ellie! Keep up the good work so you can go home with your mommy and daddy soon!!:)
ReplyDeleteMandy and Ben, I want you both to know I have been thinking about you and Ellie. She is getting so big! She looks adorable in that outfit too. You are in my prayers and Mandy let me know if there is anything I can do to help you with classes.
ReplyDeleteLove,
Bree