
Ellie did better with her feeding at 6 am. When Grandma and I got here this morning, there was a note from Ellie on our whiteboard. "Yeah - I was able to get all my 6mLs of momma's milk at 0600! Love Ellie" So they didn't change her feedings for today - they're still going to try 6mLs every 3 hours, so no moving up today. Also, it seems like she's doing better with the 2 Liters nasal cannula. She's had 2 bradies since 3 am and some desats. Ellen said this hopefully will be a "sit-tight day."
This picture is from yesterday actually...when the nurse was doing her assessment - then Ellie was awake for a while, showing off her beautiful eyes!
my goodness but she is growing!! I can see those Weber genes coming through (sorry Ben but I think its a heredity thing!) Her little chin looks just like Mandys! She has the look of determination on her face ~ keep positive ~ Team Gramkow has come along way and it won't be very long and you'll be taking her home. Go Ellie GO!!!
ReplyDeleteHugs from Iowa!
Oh, Ellie! You are such a beautiful little girl! You gave me tears in my eyes. I'm so happy that you are doing well. Even with a few setbacks, you are showing everyone your fighting spirit and amazing strength!
ReplyDeleteDeb Murphy and Kevin Reynolds
Little Miss Ellie is very blessed to have amazing parents who know where their strength comes from. Ben, I'm so proud of you.... not surprised..just rejoicing in how you are handling all of this. Mandy, when we met you I told Ben "she's a keeper.." ..you've proved this more than once, and I see it again as I read your blogs.
ReplyDelete"Jesus, continue to bless, encourage and give strength and rest to Team Gramkow. I know You delight in them always."
We shall continue sending prayers and praise from Plains.
Bless you and thank you for the continuing updates and pictures. I've enjoyed them so much! I suspect that Ellie has a good bit of determination and strength from both of her parents, praise the Lord! Remember you are in our thoughts and prayers. Love to all three of you and a special thank you to Mandy's Mom for being there to help and remind to take care of yourself also.
ReplyDelete