
This morning's report from the night nurse was good. Her color is still a pale pink, but closer to pink. Her temperature was too hot over the night, so the nurse took off Ellie's outfit for a while. She didn't have any residuals and she had about 20 self-resolved desats. But the big news was that the nurse saw Ellie sucking her thumb! And she grabbed our camera and snapped a couple pictures.
Today her feedings are up to 31 mL and her nasal cannula is down to 1 liter. Our nurse today is Ralph and he said he thought they might continue weaning her off of breathing support in the next couple days if she continues to do well. Ralph also said she's a feeder-grower. In other words she's stable and she just needs to eat and grow. The term feeder-grower sure does remind Mandy of the farm however! :) Same principle I suppose! Also we thought you'd like to see a picture of her propped up. Nurse Korrie is holding her up for her glamor shot! She's so precious.
I've been following the blog since the beginning and I'm so glad to hear and see Ellie is doing so well! The time will go fast! Love, love, love the thumb sucking picture. It reminds me of cousin Mandy when she was little. Way to go Ellie - keep on feeding and growing!
ReplyDeleteI don't see the feeding tube in these pictures, are they giving her a bottle now, or did they put it back in her nose?
ReplyDeleteMom G
Good eye mom. They did put it back in her nose. I forgot to mention that on the blog when it happened. So now I've put that info into a new post. ("Bending News")
ReplyDelete