Monday, September 29, 2008

The Up and Up

Well things are looking up for our daughter. She only had 15 desats (self-resolved) over the night and no bradys. Again, the nurses say that desats are less serious than bradys. She's also tolerated most of her feedings well. She did spit up sometime this morning. She had more spit up on her outfit than we have seen from her in her entire life. Ralph, the same nurse we had yesterday, said she was also a little cold this morning and he guessed that the spit up is what made her cold. Oh, sad she just spit up again. (I'm writing this during her 11 o'clock feeding.) We were hoping to hold her early today and he said that spitting up wouldn't affect holding unless it made her cold. So far they haven't written orders for Ellie today. But Ellen isn't working and the doctor on call is Dr. Navarro. We've heard that Dr. Navarro likes to push the babies to improve. So I wouldn't be surprised if they up her feedings by a couple mL and take her off of the high flow nasal cannula.

6 comments:

  1. What a trooper! Glad to know Ellie is working hard!

    How is Mandy doing/recovering?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a blessing it is to open my email in the morning and get a daily "ellie fix"...I love the updates...I cannot imagine the exhaustion you both must feel...may God's grace and mercy keep you in His coccun of comfort and love...have a wonderful day...lovingly, connie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear things are still continuing to improve with Ellie!! Sounds like she might be growing into some of those new outfits, huh!? Don't forget the importance of a little mom and dad together time!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Team Gramkow ~ the shining stars!
    I agree with Connie ~ how fun to run down in the morning to the computer and find out how Little Ellie's night went. She is amazing! A precious little bundle and truly a gift from God. He has great plans for this little punkin!
    I'm sure Aunt Wendy is enjoying the "pink" outfits! Something about bows and ruffles that melt your heart!
    Just thinkin about all of you as we eat "Weber" raspberries! We picked them while g'ma and g'pa we're enjoying Ellie!
    Take one day at a time ~ Ellie's in good hands so take time for each other. Hugs from Iowa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there Gramkows!!! I miss you already!!! I'm glad to hear that Ellie Jo had a good day and night---can't wait to see what she weighs in at tonight!! I hope she's packing on the ounces. I will try to call you tomorrow or Wednesday--I'm off from work (Garett's preschool day). I sure am enjoying the pink Lynda---I sure don't get that at my house! Love ya and will chat soon. Thanks again for a wonderful weekend. :)

    Aunt Wendy and crew

    ReplyDelete